This is the first post in my Project Risk Management blog. I hope that some of my thoughts may be of interest to others, but I am using this blog to help myself. I find that writing down my ideas gives them structure and exposes incomplete and logically weak parts of any argument I am trying to make.
I will begin by "brainstorming" a few topics that I find interesting. At some point, I may try to weave them together into a coherent theory. We'll see.
  1. The importance of risk management as part of a proactive approach to project management
  2. The difference between risks and issues
  3. Identifying risks
  4. Quantifying risk impact
  5. Quantifying risk probability
  6. Mitigation planning
  7. Contingency planning
  8. Risk prioritization
  9. The RYG approach to risk
  10. Responsibility and accountability
  11. Aligning risk with the project schedule
  12. Aligning risk with the project budget
  13. Tailoring risk management to the needs of your organization
  14. Leveraging lessons learned to mitigate risk
  15. Leveraging training and skills inventory to mitigate risk
  16. Documenting risks
  17. Communicating risks
  18. Avoiding risk
  19. Transferring risk
  20. Accepting risk 
That's good enough for now. I'll start writing more posts tomorrow.

Comments